Online Graduate Certificate in Visual & Digital Health Communication: Engage through Visual Storytelling and Social Media
Earn a graduate certificate from a leading research university with top-ranked programs
- 100% Online
- No GRE/GMAT required
Elevate your health communication skills with a four-course graduate certificate from Boston University—one of the world’s leading research and teaching institutions.
Graduate Certificate in Visual & Digital Health Communication (online)
Effective use of today’s digital imagery tools and social media platforms is necessary for health communication professionals. BU’s Metropolitan College (MET) and College of Communication (COM) collaborate to offer the Visual & Digital Health Communication graduate certificate program, available in a flexible online format. Get to know the social media and digital storytelling tools you can use to capture the attention of your audience. Learn how to apply fundamental principles of design and use industry-standard software tools to imagine, design, and execute powerful health marketing and media campaigns that include infographics, videos, websites, mobile apps, and branded content. Discover best practices and insider know-how for successfully using social media in health care, and learn why social health engagement is one of today’s most necessary skills for health care professionals.
Because MET is focused on practical, insightful, and adaptable knowledge, the tools and skills you learn at MET today can be immediately applied on the job while remaining relevant, useful, and valuable to your career growth for years to come.
Top Reasons Why You Should Consider BU’s Visual & Digital Health Communication Program
- Each class comprises small groups taught by experienced health professionals and faculty experts from across Boston University, including the College of Communication, School of Public Health, and Metropolitan College.
- Faculty are engaged in current research, and have hands-on expertise in health care, media, public health education, public relations, and health care marketing.
- Flexible 100% online format allows you to study on your terms and balance your education, work, and other commitments.
- Small, online facilitator-led mentoring groups (facilitator/student ratio 1:15).
- Students receive complimentary premium memberships to the Mayo Clinic Social Media Network (MCSMN) with the opportunity to earn the Social Media Basics for Healthcare Certificate from MCSMN.
- The course Visual Communication in the Digital Health Age (MET HC 762) received the 2017 Blackboard Catalyst Award for Teaching & Learning—a global honor recognizing excellence in delivering students a flexible, innovative online learning experience.
- Diverse online classrooms ensure vital connections with other students and professionals from around the world—networks that can open doors.
- Online programs offer 24/7 technical assistance.
- BU is recipient of numerous awards from the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), including the 21st Century Award for Best Practices in Distance Learning (2016), the Best Practices Platinum Award for Distance Learning Programming (2015 and 2014), and the 21st Century Gold Award for Best Practices in Distance Learning (2011).
- MET offers comprehensive financial assistance services.
Become an Effective Health Communicator Across All Platforms
Health communication is a rich, multidisciplinary area of study. Boston University’s Graduate Certificate in Visual & Digital Health Communication prepares students to effectively help patients, consumers, providers, and health organizations communicate about health care and wellness with effective storytelling and strategic social media practices. Enhance your work by using communication strategies and methods that employ digital and visual information to influence audiences or affect change on health-related topics and issues.
BU’s Metropolitan College also offers the online Master of Science in Health Communication.
Boston University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (formerly the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.).