Online Graduate Certificate in Project Management
Earn a graduate certificate online from a leading research university with top-ranked programs
According to the 2017 PMI® report Project Management Job Growth and Talent Gap 2017–2027, the project management-oriented labor force in seven project-oriented sectors is expected to grow by 33 percent, or nearly 22 million new jobs, through 2027. With demand for skilled project managers continuing to outstrip supply, now is the time to build your project management bona fides.
Top Reasons to Consider BU’s Project Management Graduate Certificate
- In 2021, Boston University Metropolitan College’s online master’s degrees in management were ranked #6 among 184 of the Best Online Graduate Business Programs (Excluding MBA) by U.S. News & World Report.
- Certificate courses can be applied to the master’s program, providing a pathway to a graduate degree.
- Flexible 100% online formats allow you to study on your terms and balance your education, work, and other commitments.
- Diverse online classrooms ensure vital connections with other students and professionals from around the world—networks that can open doors.
- Small, online facilitator-led mentoring groups (facilitator/student ratio 1:15).
- MET offers comprehensive financial assistance programs.
- Gain essential skills and capabilities, and advance your career while benefiting from the resources and strengths of a selective program with a global reputation.
- Curriculum shares courses with the master’s degree program and offers preparation for professional certifications including the Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) designations.
Certified Project Management Expertise
Our distinguished faculty, many of whom carry the Project Management Professional (PMP®) credential, have proven expertise in mega-projects, earned-value analysis, improvisation, risk management, project governance, cost estimation, enterprise architecture, IT projects, and agile project management. Online or on campus, you’ll make valuable connections to other students and professionals from around the world. Proven practices and innovative techniques ensure that you gain the advanced competencies needed to excel in multinational industries such as telecom, construction, energy, IT, aerospace and defense, finance, and health care.
Project Management-focused Graduate Programs at BU
For over thirty years, BU’s Metropolitan College (MET) has been offering flexible, part-time degree and certificate programs in business and management. Today, our online master’s programs in management are ranked among the top in the nation. Because MET is focused on practical, insightful, and adaptable knowledge, the tools and skills you learn at MET today can be immediately applied on the job while remaining relevant, useful, and valuable to your career growth for years to come.
Choose from the following online and on-campus certificate programs:
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- Graduate Certificate in IT Project Management
The MSPM and MSCIS are accredited by the Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC).
Boston University is an accredited member of AACSB International―The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.