Project Management Graduate Programs
Earn a master’s degree and/or graduate certificate from a leading research university with top-ranked programs
- Evenings on campus
- Online and blended
- Part-time or full-time
- No GRE/GMAT required
According to the 2013 PMI® report Talent Gap: Project Management through 2020, 15.7 million new project management roles will be created through the decade ending in 2020, and the profession is expected to grow by U.S. $6.61 trillion. With demand for project management skills outstripping supply, now is the time to build your project management bona fides.
Now is the time to advance in your career with a master’s degree and/or graduate certificate from Boston University—one of the world’s leading research and teaching institutions. Choose from the following online and on-campus degree programs:
- Master of Science in Project Management (on campus and online)
- Master of Science in Computer Information Systems with a concentration in IT Project Management (on campus, online, and blended)
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management (on campus, online, and blended)
- Graduate Certificate in IT Project Management (on campus, online, and blended)
For over thirty years, BU’s Metropolitan College (MET) has been offering flexible, part-time degree and certificate programs in business and management. Today, you can pursue your studies evenings on campus or fully online—our online master’s programs in management are ranked among the top in the nation. Because MET is focused on practical, insightful, and adaptable knowledge, the tools and skills you learn at MET today can be immediately applied on the job while remaining relevant, useful, and valuable to your career growth for years to come.
Top Reasons Why You Should Consider BU’s Project Management Programs
- In 2019, Boston University Metropolitan College’s online master’s degrees in management were ranked #11 among 156 of the Best Online Graduate Business Programs (Excluding MBA) by U.S. News & World Report.
- Curriculum offers expert preparation for professional certifications including the Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) designations.
- Course of study qualifies you for careers that include program manager, project engineer, project management consultant, project manager, and more.
- Convenient part-time evening or online formats allow you to balance your education and time with your work/life needs.
- Faculty are engaged in current research, and have hands-on experience in high-technology and business industries.
- Diverse on-campus and online classrooms ensure vital connections with other students and professionals from around the world—networks that can open doors.
- MET offers comprehensive financial assistance programs.
Certified Project Management Expertise
We’re proud that our project management master’s degree has earned accreditation from two highly respected organizations: the Project Management Institute (PMI) Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC) and AACSB International. Our distinguished faculty have proven expertise in mega-projects, earned-value analysis, improvisation, risk management, project governance, cost estimation, enterprise architecture, IT projects, and agile project management. Online or on campus, you’ll make valuable connections to other students and professionals from around the world. Proven practices and innovative techniques ensure that you gain the advanced competencies needed to excel in multinational industries such as telecom, construction, energy, IT, aerospace and defense, finance, and health care.
The MSPM and MSCIS are accredited by the Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC).
Boston University is an accredited member of AACSB International―The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Boston University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (formerly the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.).