Master of Science in Insurance Management
Earn a master’s degree online from a leading research university with top-ranked programs
- For holders of the CPCU® credential
- Part-time or full-time
- EVENINGS ON-CAMPUS
- No GRE/GMAT required
If you hold the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (CPCU®) designation, you’re just eight courses away from a Boston University master’s degree—a valuable credential from a trusted institution.
Now is the time to advance your career with a master’s degree from Boston University—one of the world’s leading research and teaching institutions. BU’s Master of Science in Insurance Management is offered in on-campus and 100% online formats. Choose from the following online and on-campus degree programs:
- Master of Science in Insurance Management with optional concentrations in:
- Applied Business Analytics
- Corporate Finance
- Project, Program & Portfolio Management
- Supply Chain Management
For over thirty years, BU’s Metropolitan College (MET) has been offering flexible, part-time degree and certificate programs in business and management. Because MET is focused on practical, insightful, and adaptable knowledge, the tools and skills you learn at MET today can be immediately applied on the job while remaining relevant, useful, and valuable to your career growth for years to come.
Top Reasons Why You Should Consider BU’s Insurance Management Program
- In 2024, Boston University Metropolitan College’s online master’s degrees in management were ranked #6 among the Best Online Master’s in Business Programs (Excluding MBA) by U.S. News & World Report.
- Course of study qualifies you for careers that include commercial underwriter, health and benefits consultant, product manager, risk analyst, and more.
- Convenient part-time online formats allow you to balance your education and time with your work/life needs.
- Faculty are engaged in current research, and have hands-on experience in high-technology and business industries.
- Diverse classrooms ensure vital connections with other students and professionals from around the world—networks that can open doors.
- MET offers merit scholarships to help finance your degree.
Bolster Your Bona Fides
Offered in convenient formats, BU’s Insurance Management program is an ideal complement to your experience in the insurance industry. You’ll work with highly regarded faculty who are able to share first-hand expertise in key business areas such as e-commerce, innovation, technology, and business continuity. You’ll make valuable connections to other students and professionals. And you’ll develop business acumen in accounting, finance, operations, and leadership—knowledge you can immediately apply on the job.
Boston University is an accredited member of AACSB International―The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Boston University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (formerly the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.).