Advance Your Career with a
Crime Analysis Graduate Certificate
Earn your crime analysis graduate certificate from a leading research university
Crime analytics is crucial to a growing field within law enforcement and related domains in criminal justice, and has the potential to transform investigations, strategies, and policy decisions of criminal justice organizations. Now is the time to capitalize on this growing opportunity and advance in your career. Become job-ready with a Graduate Certificate in Crime Analysis from top-ranked Boston University—one of the world’s leading research and teaching institutions.
Top Reasons Why You Should Consider BU’s Crime Analysis Certificate
- Convenient part-time study options, evenings on campus or 100% online
- Complete in as few as 8-12 months
- Small, online, facilitator-led mentoring groups (facilitator/student ratio 1:15)
- A faculty that shares your passion for criminal justice
- MET offers comprehensive financial assistance services
- No GRE/GMAT required
Become an Effective Criminal Justice Leader
Data-driven and intelligence-led approaches to crime have become the standard among contemporary criminal justice organizations. The Graduate Certificate in Crime Analysis at Boston University’s Metropolitan College (MET) prepares students to fill in-house crime analyst roles within a variety of justice organization settings, and strengthen the skills of those working in investigations, management, and operations to utilize analysis more effectively.
BU also offers the following online and on-campus program:
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice, Concentration in Crime Analysis
With courses in crime and intelligence analysis, GIS and spatial analysis, data mining and data science, and software such as PowerBI, Python and R, the Graduate Certificate in Crime Analysis will prepare you to excel and advance in a field with increasingly complex challenges.
BU’s Metropolitan College also offers Master of Science in Criminal Justice concentrations in Cybercrime Investigation & Cybersecurity and Strategic Management, and graduate certificates in Criminal Justice, Cybercrime Investigation & Cybersecurity, and Strategic Management in Criminal Justice.
Harness the Power of Data
Thanks to data generated through resident reports via 911 and 311 calls, police incident reports, mobile devices and social media – among other sources – information about where and when crime occurs is everywhere. For criminal justice researchers, intelligence analysts, and law enforcement professionals, advances in data analytics have redefined approaches to pinpointing these “tracks.” Having a command of the tools needed to assess, and draw conclusions from, massive amounts of data provides an enormous advantage through efficient police work, strategic deployment of personnel, evidence-based practices, and a more accurate understanding of crime patterns and enforcement results.
BU Offers Top-Ranked Programs in Criminal Justice Education
BU’s Metropolitan College has offered criminal justice education since 1973, and is one of the few institutions across the country to offer graduate programs grounded in the social sciences, but focused largely on cities, urban sociology, and criminal justice. Because MET is focused on practical, insightful, and adaptable knowledge, the tools and skills you learn at MET today can be immediately applied on the job while remaining relevant, useful, and valuable to your career growth for years to come.
More Reasons to Consider BU’s Crime Analysis Certificate
- Four-course, interdisciplinary program includes courses in crime and intelligence analysis, mapping and spatial analysis, and other essential database and analytics skills.
- Our faculty share your passion for criminal justice and are committed to your success. They bring to the classroom subject-matter expertise, research-based insight, and extensive field experience in crime analysis, policing, cybercrime, the judicial system, and corrections.
- Throughout your program, you can rely on faculty to provide mentorship via assistantships, academic support, and career advising.
- Diverse on-campus and online classrooms ensure vital connections with other criminal justice professionals from around the world—networks that can open doors.
- MET offers comprehensive financial assistance services.
- Current members of the American Jail Association (AJA) benefit from a waiver of the graduate certificate application fee of $25.