For Food. For Wine. Your Passion Grows Here.
You do more than just cook. You create. For you, wine is worthy of thought. Being the go-to when it comes to recommendations is a life goal. If this feels familiar, Boston University’s Metropolitan College has a program for you. Here, you’ll be matched with talented experts who will foster your love for all things culinary. The education will be hands-on, the experience will get you off to a great start in chasing your dreams.
Certificate Program in the Culinary Arts
Unlike any other in the country, this intensive 14-week program will provide you with a solid foundation in culinary techniques.
- Program developed with the guidance of Chef Jacques Pépin & Julia Child.
- Learn directly from a respected group of core and visiting chefs and food industry experts in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Master classic French and modern culinary skills.
- Prepare for a variety of food-related careers.
Professional Pastry Arts Program
Our Professional Pastry Arts Program will provide you with the foundational skills and sensory knowledge necessary to launch a career in the pastry arts.
- 14-week intensive, hands-on program
- Learn from acclaimed pastry chefs and bakers in the industry
- ServSafe & Allergy Awareness Certifications included
- Prepare for a variety of food-related careers
Certificate Program in Wine Studies
If you dream of being a sommelier or to just being well-versed in wine, pursue up to four levels of certification, from fundamentals to mastery.
- Study with expert instructors, including one Master of Wine (MW).
- Boost your career, prepare for the wine trade, or just increase your knowledge and appreciation.
- Enjoy a convenient evening schedule.
Certificate Program in Cheese Studies
For those who are ready to embark on an in-depth exploration into the world of cheeses, this program is singular.
- Study with a world-renowned, award-winning cheesemeister.
- Sample small-batch, artisanal cheeses from the US and abroad.
- Learn about the art of cheesemaking and develop a tasting lexicon.
Online Pastry Arts Course
This course is designed to help make you the baker you want to become—all from the comfort of your home kitchen.
- Learn professional pastry techniques and recipes like pate a choux, puff pastry, tart doughs, enriched doughs, and more.
- Taught by a professional pastry chef with over twenty years’ experience in high-end, professional baking.
- Course includes access to videos for each recipe and weekly one-on-one time with the instructor.
- Course is taught entirely online, making it convenient and flexible.
Online Culinary Arts Course
- Covers culinary essentials like knife skills, stocks, soups, proteins, and more.
- Taught by Chris Douglass, chef and lead culinary instructor at BU.
- Includes videos, live weekly lecture, and weekly one-on-one instruction.
- Flexible schedule allows you to decide when to view lessons and plan your cooking.
Boston University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (formerly the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.).