Financial Management Graduate Programs
Earn a master’s degree and/or graduate certificate from a leading research university with top-ranked programs
- Evenings on campus
- Part-time or full-time
- No GRE/GMAT required
The nuances, challenges, and opportunities within global finance require skilled leaders who can master evolving technologies and management techniques. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts faster-than-average job growth for financial analysts, and continued growth for business and financial occupations through 2026.
Now is the time to advance in your career with a master’s degree and/or graduate certificate from Boston University—one of the world’s leading research and teaching institutions. Choose from the following online and on-campus degree programs:
- Master of Science in Financial Management with optional concentrations in International Finance and Investment Analysis (on campus, online, and blended)
- Graduate Certificate in Corporate Finance (on campus, online, and blended)
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Management (on campus, online, and blended)
- Graduate Certificate in International Finance (on campus, online, and blended)
- Graduate Certificate in Investment Analysis (on campus, online, and blended)
For over thirty years, BU’s Metropolitan College (MET) has been offering flexible, part-time degree and certificate programs in business and management. Today, you can pursue your studies evenings on campus or fully online—our online master’s programs in management are ranked among the top in the nation. Because MET is focused on practical, insightful, and adaptable knowledge, the tools and skills you learn at MET today can be immediately applied on the job while remaining relevant, useful, and valuable to your career growth for years to come.
Top Reasons Why You Should Consider BU’s Financial Management Programs
- MET Financial Management programs offer excellent preparation for the internationally recognized Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) Program exams. As part of the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program, MET’s Master of Science in Financial Management curriculum embeds a significant portion of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge™ (CBOK) and covers the Standards of Practice Handbook.
- Through our CFA affiliation, scholarships for the CFA® Program exam are available to students enrolled in the MS in Financial Management program.
- In 2021, Boston University Metropolitan College’s online master’s degrees in management were ranked #6 among 184 of the Best Online Graduate Business Programs (Excluding MBA) by U.S. News & World Report.
- Course of study qualifies you for careers that include branch manager, chief financial officer, financial advisor, financial analyst, and more.
- Convenient part-time and full-time study options, evenings on campus or 100% online.
- Faculty are engaged in current research, and have hands-on experience in high-technology and business industries.
- Diverse on-campus and online classrooms ensure vital connections with other students and professionals from around the world—networks that can open doors.
- Merit scholarships available for domestic students to help finance your degree.
- A 15:1 student-to-instructor ratio, ensuring close interaction with faculty and access to support.
Financial Skills for a Prosperous Future
Courses such as Quantitative Methods for Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management, Derivative Securities and Markets, Fixed Income Analysis, and Multinational Finance and Trade provide skills you can put to work immediately. BU’s graduate financial programs are also ideal for those seeking to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA) designation. Our graduate curriculum embeds a significant portion of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge™ (CBOK) and covers the Standards of Practice Handbook. MET’s Master of Science in Financial Management is now part of the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program, and scholarships for the CFA® Program exam are available to enrolled students.
*Chartered Financial Analyst is a registered trademark owned by CFA Institute.
Metropolitan College’s Master of Science in Financial Management participates in the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program.
Boston University is an accredited member of AACSB International―The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Boston University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (formerly the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.).