Digital Forensics Graduate Certificate: Obtain the Tools to Investigate Cybercrimes
Earn a graduate certificate from a leading research university with top-ranked programs
- Evenings on campus
- Part-time or full-time
- No GRE/GMAT required
Gain comprehensive “digital crime scene investigation” knowledge. According to the Department of Homeland Security, cybersecurity professionals are in high demand throughout government and criminal justice organizations, as well as in private industry. Recent headlines underscore this need, with reports of large-scale cyberattacks, email and voter software hacking, identity theft and phishing, bank fraud, and cybersex trafficking. In fact, employment for information security analysts is projected to grow 35 percent in computer systems design and related services from 2021 to 2031 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Now is the time to advance in your career with a four-course, industry-specific graduate certificate from Boston University—one of the world’s leading research and teaching institutions. Learn forensic analysis policy and procedures, forensic analysis tools, data recovery, and investigation, among other topics.
Coursework for the Graduate Certificate in Digital Forensics (on campus, online, and blended) includes:
- Business Data Communication and Networks
- Digital Forensics and Investigations
- Network Forensics
- and Mobile Forensics or Advanced Digital Forensics
BU’s Metropolitan College (MET) has more than thirty years of experience in computer science & IT graduate professional education, offered in flexible evening, online, and blended formats. Because MET is focused on practical, insightful, and adaptable knowledge, the tools and skills you learn at MET today can be immediately applied on the job while remaining relevant, useful, and valuable to your career growth for years to come.
Top Reasons Why You Should Consider BU’s Computer Science & IT Programs
- MET’s Department of Computer Science was founded in 1979, and has been dedicated to meeting and anticipating the evolving needs of the technology industry with cutting-edge programs ever since.
- Boston University information security programs are certified by Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS)
- Convenient part-time evening or online formats allow you to balance your education and time with your work/life needs.
- Faculty are engaged in current research, and have hands-on expertise in high-technology and business industries.
- Diverse on campus and online classrooms ensure vital connections with other students and professionals from around the world—networks that can open doors.
- MET offers comprehensive financial assistance services.
Prepare for Cybercrime Challenges with a Certificate in Digital Forensics
MET’s four-course Graduate Certificate in Digital Forensics introduces the computer forensics tools necessary to launch a complete and successful digital forensics investigation in civil, criminal, or administrative cases. Gain valuable, marketable skills that encompass network forensics analysis, the acquisition and analysis of digital evidence, how to present a report, and serving as an expert witness in a court.
Computer Science & IT degrees are certified by the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS).
Boston University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (formerly the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.).