Arts Administration Graduate Programs
Earn your master’s or graduate certificate in Arts Administration from a leading research institution
The vibrant arts world is constantly changing, resulting in an increased need for highly skilled administrators who can work effectively with elected officials, business and community leaders, and fellow arts professionals. Become a leader in your field with a Master of Science in Arts Administration or Graduate Certificate in Arts Management at Boston University Metropolitan College (BU MET).
Top Reasons to Choose BU MET’s Arts Administration Programs
- Convenient part-time and full-time study options, evenings on campus or 100% online
- Complete in as few as 16 – 24 months
- Faculty are well equipped to develop the skillsets of future arts administration leaders because they themselves are themselves are, musicians, photographers, painters, collectors, and performers
- Valuable networking opportunities with MET’s global alumni community in addition to student mentor programs
- Comprehensive financial assistance services available, including merit scholarships and graduate assistantships
The Industry Calls for Dedicated Leaders in Arts Administration
The Master of Science (MS) in Arts Administration and the Arts Management Graduate Certificate programs are designed for students who wish to pursue careers in visual arts and arts services in organizations including, public, commercial, and nonprofit sectors.
Our Arts Administration graduate programs provide a unique hands-on learning opportunity positioned to develop professional experience in the field through internships, project management activities, and foster opportunities for collaborations with world-leading art institutions and practitioners in the field.
Our curriculum prepares you for the realities of today’s arts organizations including, emphasizing creativity, economic problem solving, internationalism, and a commitment to the new technologies of our age. From renowned symphony orchestras and museums to innovative community theaters and upstart galleries, the organizations that bring the arts to the public are crucial to a rich and diverse cultural life – and Boston offers a wealth of possibilities. As a professional arts manager or administrator, you will be skilled to organize and achieve their missions—whether local, national, or global.
Arts Administration: Our Portfolio of Arts-Focused Graduate Programs
Founded in 1993, the Boston University’s Metropolitan College Arts Administration program emphasizes creative problem solving, leadership, globalism, and effective use of new technologies. We as an institution believe that the arts are a critical element in a cultural society and the role of arts managers is to nurture environments in which artistic greatness can thrive.
Located in the Boston area and/or offered online, we offer the following graduate programs in Arts Administration:
- Master of Science in Arts Administration (on campus)
- Graduate Certificate in Arts Management (on campus)
- Graduate Certificate in Fundraising Management (on campus and online)
- Graduate Certificate in Performing Arts Enterprise (on campus and online)
One of Boston University’s 17 schools and colleges, Metropolitan College offers more than 80 part-time and full-time degree and certificate programs in the evening, online, and in blended formats.
Boston University is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (formerly the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.).